Saturday, April 30, 2011

Organization for Even the Smallest of Closets

 
Even though most consider me a neat freak and slightly obsessive compulsive, organization and neatness is something I find very important in ones home and life in general. After moving in late August I faced a rather large complication. And that was my closet. It was small, dark, and overall awful for any woman. However I took the obstacle as an opportunity to furthermore organize my belongings and utilize as much space as possible in my new home. The next few posts will be focusing on products you can purchase to achieve this

1. One of the few things that were good about my new closet was the shelve it had. This provided a space to store out of season accessories such as mittens, hats, and gloves. Canvas boxes are the perfect way to pile up winter gear in the summer and vice versa. Finding such boxes is fabulous especially when you can snag a set with labeling sleeves. The canvas storage solutions below can be found on the Crate and Barrel. Larger boxes can be purchased for $16.95 and smaller boxes for $13.95

2. One thing I despise is a closet floor cluttered with shoes that are in no apparent order. What a better way to organize them then with matching canvas boxes listed in step number one? These boxes are built in with a window for easy access and even easier visibility. Boxes can be bought from spacesavers.com for $44.99 for a set of four

3. Another great way to create space in ones closet through removing out of season clothing is by storing them in a large under bed storage bag. Removing your big bulky parka and that fabulous velvet skirt frees up your closet a lot more then you would think. Such storage bags can be purchased from stores such as Bed Bath and Beyond, Kohls, Target, and other such stores, however I did spot one from Crate and Barrel that had a removable divider that could be useful to some depending on what was going to be stored.


xoebc

No comments:

Post a Comment