Layering jewelry can often times be difficult if you are just starting to experiment with your pieces. There are steps you can take in order to make the process a whole lot easier, and to get a feel for what looks good together.
1. Pick a single piece that you want to begin with. I chose my navy leather chain bracelet that I recently purchased from Target. You want your piece that you work around to be the focal point and to make a statement
2. Based on your statement piece, find other bracelets that correspond by color, material, or texture. Although I find this to make the process of picking and choosing easier, there are no rules to layering jewelry. Your look can be as coordinated or crazy as you like
3. I chose to pair my chain bracelet with three tortoise shell bangles from Jcrew, and an Alex and Ani bracelet that I received as a gift from a friend
4. The Alex and Ani "Path of Life" bangle was gold in color which matched the gold links on the leather bracelet, and added a delicate feel that contrasted with the harder edge of the other two bracelets
5. And lastly the three tortoise shell bracelets introduced an unexpected dimension to the stack, making it unique